Sunday 23 December 2012

Books read in 2012

My target I shared in a Facebook post at the start of this year was that I was aiming to read 6 books this year to stretch and develop me. I also said if I could even manage one per month that would give a great total of 12.

Well I've surprised myself by managing to read 12 books which is brilliant especially as I couldn't read very much for 4 months of the year because my kidney disease has impacted my ability to concentrate. I also hit my target of reading through all 21 books of The New Testament.

Need a bigger target for 2013 so am aiming for 20 books + 39 books of The Old Testament.

Now I'm on dialysis I feel a lot better and more able to concentrate which is excellent news.

Below is the list of books I've read this year. All great reads (except for the last two you have to be a techie!)

Why not aim to read one of them yourself this year?

The book that has helped me become more effective with my time is Getting Things Done.
The book that had the biggest emotional impact on me was Tuesdays with Morrie.
The book that I believe will have the most potential to impact my life in the future is 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership.

1. IT: How Churches and Leaders Can Get It and Keep It
By Craig Groeschel
Amazon Link

2. Getting Things Done: How to Achieve Stress-free Productivity
By David Allen
Amazon Link

3. 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership
By John C. Maxwell
Amazon Link

4. Courageous Leadership
By Bill Hybels
Amazon Link

5. Amplified Leadership
By Dan Reiland
Amazon Link

6. Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson
By Mitch Albom
Amazon Link

7. StrengthsFinder 2.0
By Tom Rath
Amazon Link

8. Please Understand Me II
By David Kiersey
Amazon Link

9. TA Today: A New Introduction to Transactional Analysis.
By Vann Joines, Ian Stewart
Amazon Link

10. The Me I Want To Be
By John Ortberg
Amazon Link

11. Asterisk: The Definitive Guide
By Leif Madsen. Jim Van Meggelen, Russell Bryant
Amazon Link

12. Beginning iPhone 3 Development
By David Mark, Jeff LaMarche
Amazon Link

Already on the list for 2013

1. Winning with People
By John Maxwell
Amazon Link

2. Adventures in Missing the Point: How the Culture-controlled Church Neutered the Gospel
By Tony Campolo, Brian D. McLaren
Amazon Link


No comments:

Post a Comment